Mr. Berg has strong leadership and communication skills and a strong technical background, having worked at the architect level for large organizations and been responsible for large implementation/migration projects. He also founded a training company and has experience in all aspects of managing a business. He has strong execution skills and can be counted on to get things done.
Professional objective: Lead and direct IT to provide strategic and technological advantage.
- Delivers projects and services effectively and on time.
- Thought leader and strategic planner.
- Methodical and persistent around communication and effecting change.
- Provides effective, methodical, and persistent communication to all levels.
- Increases teamwork and morale among direct reports and promotes the relationship between employees and the company.
- Fosters an environment of growth and progress among direct reports
Program Manager , Acentia – October 2011-Current
Currently managing $3 million annual contract for the IRS to provide service delivery and project management. Responsible for contract management, HR functions, service delivery leadership, reporting, client relationship, and project leadership. Acted as deployment lead for software distribution project to over 20,000 employees.
- Led client meetings for contract status, deliverable status, project strategy, objective measurement, and project team status.
- Led deployment meetings to develop strategy, gather requirements, involve stakeholders and support end users.
- Implemented processes for improving overall quality of deliverables and improved existing processes based on ISO9001, PMBOK, and ITIL framework.
- Produced end-user training documentation, service desk knowledge articles, and client wide announcements.
- Performed quarterly performance review with staff and promoted growth opportunities. Recognized staff with quarterly rewards and recognition and promoted staff when appropriate.
Senior Systems Engineer, Acentia – September 2009-October 2011
As Senior Systems Engineer, architected and implemented complex systems architecture for data centers and large infrastructures. Acted as technical manager and team lead for projects. Demonstrated growth in supervisory and leadership capability and delivered projects on time.
- Designed and implemented a Windows architecture for large data center at the FDA based on Windows Server, VMware Virtual Infrastructure, and server clusters.
- Managed Windows team to deliver infrastructure.
- Contributed to successful proposal for FDA Subject Matter Expert support contract, $2 million per year for up to five years. Served as Key Person in Active Directory SME role.
Senior Systems Engineer, SyCom Technologies – April 2007 ‑ August 2009
Architected and implemented complex technical infrastructure solutions for large environments and led teams. Held roles of Infrastructure Manager, Active Directory Migration Engineer, and Exchange/Active Directory Engineer. Clients included Howard University and the Executive Office of the President.
- Hired personnel for complex data center to manage operations, implement Active Directory and Exchange implementation project, and migration operations.
- Reported to senior executives, interfaced with customers, and supported service desk and end users.
- Managed operations of large data center. Implemented changes to provide backup services, SLA’s, and improved operational processes.
Senior Active Directory Architect, Unisys Corporation – October 2005 – April 2007
Architected and implemented multi-domain Active Directory infrastructure for 8,500 user environment. Performed migration activities for NT 4.0 and Novell NetWare to AD using Microsoft tools, custom scripts, and Quest tools. Responsible for development of security models and policies and Developed Active Directory Architecture and Server Consolidation Strategy for federal government contract with over 900 servers and 8,500 users.
President, Founder, 2WeekMCSE.com – January 1999 ‑ October 2005
Founded independent training company specializing in Microsoft and Cisco technical training. Performed all executive level functions, including providing overall vision of the company, set policies and procedures, established marketing targets, performed employee reviews, handled all disciplinary actions, hiring/firing, established compensation and benefits packages, vendor relationships and service level agreements, and building leases and equipment purchases. Established partnerships with companies and are the preferred vendor for training and consulting services for Borders Books and Music, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Metris Companies.
- George Mason University, MBA Candidate, class of 2013
- Pursuing PMP
- ISO 9001 Internal Audit Training, 2012
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) 2003
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Science, 1998
- Department of Defense – Secret, April 2011
- Justice Department, Executive Office of the President – Top Secret, July 2009
- MCSE All-In-One Exam Guide, Microsoft Server 2003 by Osborne Publishing. ISBN222406-1
- Cub Scout Committee Chairman, Pack 878, Herndon, VA August 2009-Present
- Provide leadership and vision for all volunteer leaders of Pack 878. Responsible for overseeing training of leaders and volunteers, fundraising efforts, and pack chartering.
- Member – Project Management Institute, Washington DC Chapter. October 2009-Present